Thanks for your interest in joining SWAN’s team!
SWAN will provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, military status, marital status, order of protection status, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, or any other category protected by law, in accordance with all applicable law.
User Experience Manager
Full Time – 37.5 hours/week, salary negotiable with experience
We’re looking for a self-motivated, innovative and passionate individual to join our team in a newly-created role! Over the past few years our company has been making plenty of big and exciting changes: migrating to a new ILS platform (2015), moving to a shiny new office space (2016), and now working to add 19 new libraries to our membership (2017-2018). Are you a proven design and user experience guru who would love having your ideas and enthusiasm contribute to making SWAN better than ever? If so, please apply!
During a week in the life of a SWAN User Experience Manager, you might be…
- Looking for proactive opportunities to improve user experience for both our patrons and our member libraries.
- Setting design direction and establishing UX guidelines and measures of success for such endeavors.
- Testing feedback loops with end users.
- Conducting R&D and helping us to design the optimal OPAC and search strategies for our consortium.
- Maintaining timelines and ensuring timely completion of all projects that you are overseeing.
- Analyzing data and conducting usability studies and other research-driven products for end users, our member libraries and patrons.
- Working collaboratively with other departments within SWAN for solution-based change implementation and project progress, including attending management meetings, project calls, and other revolving appointments.
- Embracing continuous learning of all avenues of user design and discovery.
We’re looking for a candidate who ideally has…
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) or equivalent experience in cognitive science, human-computer interaction, communications, or a design-related field.
- At least five (5) years of user experience, presentation, information technology, and communication experience.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely orally, in writing, and through visual representation.
- Ability to organize and manage projects within SWAN through contracted services; demonstrated success in leading a design and development team is a plus.
- Strong design skills and strong working knowledge of UX design tools such as Axure, A/B testing, Balsamiq, and Adobe design suite.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Ability to create and implement enhancements to GUI (Graphic User Interface) and make other graphics, videos, and web design recommendations.
- Ability and willingness to work varied hours, extended hours and to travel occasionally on behalf of SWAN.
- You must have the ability to input data, read computer screens and printed material, communicate effectively in-person, via phone, videoconferencing and e-mail, and operate office equipment.
- Primarily sedentary work, but also requires standing, walking, stooping or crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing, grasping, lifting, feeling, hearing and talking.
Please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to Brande Overbey, SWAN Operations Manager at email@example.com to be considered for this position. An addition of providing an e-portfolio is a plus!